Please join us at the Community Innovators Lab (CoLab) Open House. Food will be served.
For those who do not know CoLab yet, we are a planning and development laboratory housed in DUSP. We partner with marginalized communities to deepen civic engagement, build more sustainable economies, and generate shared wealth. Our current programs involve, among others:
- designing functional models of economic democracy in the Bronx,
- establishing a community innovation school with Afro and Indigenous leaders in Colombia,
- co-creating sustainable business models with waste pickers in Nicaragua and Panama,
- studying and documenting sustainable city development efforts in Malaysia,
- exploring how urban planners and artists can collaborate to promote community change, and
- employing media tools to generate dialogue around critical urban issues.
During our Open House, we will briefly share about our programs, introduce CoLab's staff, and alert students to upcoming opportunities to engage with CoLab. Most importantly, we are looking forward to meeting with students (new and incumbent) to learn about your interests, and explore how we might work together in the future.